Thursday, June 09, 2005

Graduation

Last night my son graduated from high school. Whew. We did it. Well, it was actually his mom who did most of the work. I just provided a place for his video gaming. So the graduation was @ Arco Arena and a wonderfully rainy night. But it was great for me to see my son get his diploma. His mom gave him a card with pictures going back to the day he was born. Really classic gift. My little squirrel is a young man now!
The event itself was pretty elaborate and the principal was so pleased with hearing his voice! He must of felt like he was delivering the solution to world peace...oh my god! If I hear the "first graduating class of Franklin High of 2005" again I will SCREAM....he was yelling into the mike, excuse me, that is why it is a MICROPHONE! Creeerist I had to plug my ears after about 29 minutes of his top of the mountain pontification!
The highlight of the night, other than seeing Ry get his diploma was my sister and my ex-wife (Ry's mom) just cut the place up. They're incendiary when they're together...well, not bad incendiary, but just rip-roaring hilarious! It was much needed relief for the endless pomp.
I was moved though at the energy some of these students had for their tenure in high school. Motivated, excited, energentic and happy. I'm not going to go into my attitude when I graduated! Not the academic attitude that I wished for my son. Okay, that's it for the links. Too much!

1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

you forgot to add your little peanut gallery comments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home